A few favorite things & moments from the week to take us into the weekend (another fave…especially when my husband is off like this weekend! Sort of, ha)
- First and foremost, I am happy to be blogging again. I’m hopeful I’ll keep it up, but maybe my lack of outward commitment will be what keeps me going. I love getting my thoughts and stories down on (virtual) paper. I love to read blogs and have always wanted to keep up with one of my own. I don’t think I’ll be doing any outfit posts any time soon (although a true depiction of my #OOTD might be entertaining enough…mismatched and pajamas and 3 day old leggings anyone?) and my photos could use some work (perhaps they’ll improve along with my level of sleep deprivation!), but this week has been really fun.
- For my birthday, my husband gave me a workout outfit from Fabletics. Have you heard of this brand? They put together workout clothes based on your style profile and ship to you each month for $49.95. As a VIP member, your first outfit only costs $25, and you can cancel at any time. This is the outfit I received and I LOVE it! The clothes are great quality, and although I haven’t been cleared to work out yet, I’ve already worn everything at least once. I can’t wait to wear them on an actual run! Photo Cred: Fabletics.com
- I have been brewing coffee at my house for the first time! I’ll go more in depth about this on Monday (how fitting…a post about coffee to beat the Mondays!), but a perk of my week has definitely been my daily iced coffees!
- I shouldn’t say this. I know I shouldn’t say this, and yet here I am. While Sawyer LOVES (like la la la LOVES) to scream and cry in the afternoon/evening, he sleeps pretty darn well during the night. I feel extremely lucky for this development and yet now that I put it out there in the universe (in print no less!) I’m sure I’ll be up all night from here on out.
- My husband and I are starting a diet (officially) this weekend. I need to fit into a bridesmaid dress for my lovely friend Jill’s wedding next month (OMG next month!) which I was measured for 12 pounds and one baby ago. I was in my best shape since high school this time last year and can’t wait to get back to feeling that good. Unfortunately, tiny increments of sleep while chasing after a toddler and being attached to a screaming baby for multiple hours on end doesn’t really make you want to eat salads. All I want is chocolate. Chocolate on everything, please. But today I tried to put on a pair of pants I bought last summer and could barely get them up, let alone zipped. So diet it is. Diet is really the wrong word; we’re looking at a change in lifestyle. Nothing feels better than eating right and working out (besides maybe getting a good night’s sleep in addition to those things) so it really is a fave to be getting back to my best self.
What were some of your best moments or faves of the week?